Sandler Reiff Lamb Rosenstein & Birkenstock is a Washington, D.C. law firm concentrating in the formation and operation of non-profit organizations, campaign finance, election and political law and government ethics and the regulation of lobbying. Our firm has an extensive practice in general corporate, tax, administrative and commercial law and related litigation for non-profit organizations and companies providing services to the non-profit and political
Our firm represents a broad range of non-profit organizations, political committees, party committees, foundations, advocacy groups, candidates, political consulting and government relations firms, labor unions and trade associations, vendors of services for the political and non-profit markets and major contributors to political and non-profit groups.
Services that we provide to our clients include:
- advice on federal, state and local campaign finance, election and ethics laws;
- establishment of, and advice and services with respect to, the formation, operation and tax treatment of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations including registration of such organizations under state charitable solicitation laws and applications to the IRS for recognition of tax-exempt status;
- representation before federal and state agencies, in federal agency enforcement actions and civil and criminal investigations, and before Congressional committees in congressional investigations;
- representation before the Federal Election Commission and state election authorities in enforcement matters, rulemakings, advisory opinion requests and other matters and proceedings;
- advice on lobbying registration and related issues under the federal Lobbying Disclosure Act, Foreign Agents Registration Act, state lobbying registration laws advice on ethics rules applicable to Members of Congress and staff, and federal and state government officials; and representation of public officials and employees before the congressional Ethics Committees and state and local ethics agencies;
- start-up, advice on operation of and registration of and reporting for federal and state PACs and political organizations (527’s);
- campaign finance and election law litigation before federal and state courts;
- start up and advice on operation of small and closely-held businesses, particularly firms operating in the political, non-profit and advocacy markets.
The firm also handles a wide array of corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, including administrative law proceedings and litigation and commercial litigation, for our clients.
In October 2004, Sandler Reiff Lamb Rosenstein & Birkenstock and Baltimore’s Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler became correspondent law firms, initiating a strategic affiliation. The move has significantly expanded the resources of Sandler Reiff Lamb Rosenstein & Birkenstock practice, allowing it to take on larger cases in a variety of areas.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, with an office in Washington, D.C., Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler is a full service firm nationally known for its practice in all aspects of business law, litigation, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and international trade. Founded in 1972 by Ronald M. Shapiro, the firm features robust litigation, bankruptcy, and business practices that work closely with Fortune 500 corporations, emerging growth businesses, non-profit entities, and individuals. In particular, the firm’s litigation group has experience in a variety of governmental and election law disputes.
For more information about Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler, please visit shapirosher.com.