Neil Reiff has written a new article for Campaigns and Elections magazine this morning, offering a preview of several campaign finance issues likely to come to the forefront in 2014. With 2014 midterms right around the corner, Mr. Reiff identifies five issues likely to make news in the new year:
- Super PACs expanding their influence into state and local races
- States raising contribution limits
- The McCutcheon v. FEC Supreme Court case and its impacts on federal and state aggregate contribution limits
- A continued push for more disclosure from 501(c)(4) groups, especially as it regards to political spending by such groups
- Potential for a new push from Congress to reform campaign finance laws, especially Super PAC
You can read Mr. Reiff’s entire article here.